Sunday, September 8, 2013

Dinner with My Son...

With both my children all grown up, it's not often that I get to sit down and have a meal with them....just because. So, while my husband was being busy with his job and my son home from a little road trip, I decided to cook us dinner. Cooking is one of my hobbies and favorite things to do, especially when I'm preparing a meal for someone else.
I recently had purchased Trisha Yearwood's cookbooks and decided this would be a good time to try it her way. I'm so glad I did! For starters, Trisha fixes her mac n cheese in a crockpot! I've never had it this way or prepared in this manner. I must tell you that it was very delicious! I fixed the roast beef with gravy. It takes 3 hours for both to cook so, I was able to go off and do other things. I loved that!
And then, for dessert, I fixed her quick and easy apple dumplings. I was a little hesitant about it because I'm accustomed to fixing them from scratch BUT oh my goodness....they were very scrumptious.
My son loved it and so did I! I can't wait to try some of the other recipes Trish's way.

Crockpot Mac N Cheese


Apple Dumplings

A closer look at the Apple Dumpling...YUM!

Roast beef with gravy and Mac N Cheese

Dinner is served!

No comments: