Sunday, April 29, 2012

Remember my dresser....

Well, I know I said I was going to start painting it but I haven't. The truth is, the dresser will be located at the entrance of the my home and I want something more than just a painted dresser with fresh new knobs. So, I started looking for inspiration instead. I know that I want the paint color to be classic and something that will go with any color changes I may do to my living room. So, I picked the color gray. I found one that I absolutely love in the House Beautiful Magazine: 
Donald Kaufman Color Collection DKC-62
However, it is a designer color, so I'll have to see if I can get a close match with Behr, Olympic, or Glidden (easy accessible) paint. I love that this color of gray can be matched with cool or warm tones. Depending on my design choice, I'll most likely go with cream and black...how classic is that? Check out some of the my inspirations:

I love the gray and white.


I love antique mirrors.

I like that they painted the dresser a color and stenciled the world map on top.

I love the stenciled picture.

But the one inspiration I seem to like the best:

This dresser looks the most like mine and I love the idea of the letters on top. I would love to take a favorite quote and place it on top of the dresser.

I like the idea of spray painting the existing knobs which resemble these (but a little more decorative) and add the bead effect.

The pictures can be found on my Pinterest, which will lead you to the source.

No comments: