Monday, February 20, 2012

Old Dresser

I found this old dresser in my basement and decided to use it in my entryway. I will store my table setting items such as tablecloths, mats, and napkins. But first, I will need to paint it. 


I've already decided on painting it Behr Paint (Home Depot), color - Retro Avocado. 


I'm not sure if I want to keep the handles and spray paint them black or if I want to purchase something a little more simplistic. Like the handles on these pieces of furniture:



I like these handles:




What do you think?


2 comments:

Kelly Johns said...

Def. go with something simper. New handles will take it to the next level and make it unrecognizable, rather than just that you painted an old dresser. Maybe buy a few you are considering, put them on the dresser and get an idea of how they look then exchange for the ones you liked.

G Doughty said...

Thanks Kelly! Great suggestion that I will most definitely try.