Monday, February 20, 2012

Fireplace Project

I've been in my home for six years, which we moved in and setup shop to make it livable but I never 'finished' any of the rooms the way that I want them. So, I've started a project. I figure baby steps...one project at a time and why not blog about it. I've started working on my main floor Familyroom by painting the walls Raffia Cream. I LOVE this color. It really has lightened up the space, which was needed since the room only has one window. 


I've decided to tackle the fireplace. The brick surround is the same brick the builder used on the outside of my house. Not very creative, huh? The mantel is wood and I don't plan on changing it.


Above the fireplace is this iron and aged mirror that I found. This too will stay. But notice the wall color before the Raffia Cream. I like the color but it made the room feel like a cave. 


This is what I have done so far: 




I am priming the brick for paint! Now...what color should I paint the Fireplace??? I don't think white should be the color. Any suggestions?



No comments: